My Makeup Storage/ Desk

So I thought I would do something a bit different and show you my own personal makeup desk and storage. Ive been watching some YouTube videos recently and it sprung into my mind that favourites have all been when they show us their collection and storage! Now I'm not going to go through every single bit of makeup I own but I'm going to show you how I store it and a few of my favourites. Also i'm debating starting up a YouTube channel so if you would like me to do this leave me a comment below on what you would like to see and if you would like me to set one up! So I'm going to stop rambling on and show you my favourite part of my bedroom!


Disclaimer; I just wanted to say I am no way boasting about my makeup and what I have, it has taken me years to accumulate this makeup and have only recently been able to purchase somewhere for it all to go! and although I am not totally happy with my storage especially in my drawers I thought it would be something different.




My desk is from Ikea and is perfect for storing makeup! I will link the desk at the bottom incase you wanted to purchase one yourself.
This is the general overview of my make up station. On top I keep my MUJI storage with mostly lipsticks and daily essentials inside. I also keep some glass perfume bottles and candle holders which I keep my brushes and lipliners in ( i'll give you a closer look in my next post ). A light up mirror which I got from Boots, this mirror really is fantastic it has two sides one with a magnified mirror which is great for getting up close and the changeable lighting is a great added touch! Next to my mirror I keep some of my favourite palettes such as the Naked Palettes and my MAC quads, I keep these in two acrylic letter holders which I picked up from WHSmith. My beauty book collection is displayed next to these which includes 'Love Tanya' & 'The Glam Guide', I love having them here just incase I want to browse through and pick a particular look or tip to try that day, its just really handy. Finally I have a 4 drawer Unit which has random bits and bobs such as hair clips and miniature perfumes.



When I out my two drawers out I have some baskets from Klas Olson which I picked up to put my spare foundations and other bits inside. I also have some long desk storage from Tiger which come in packs of 4, I use the primarily to hold my blushes in because the are the perfect width to store these. On the right hand side I keep all of my palettes such as my 'Espiranza' Palette by Kat Von D, 'Pulp Fiction' Palette by Urban Decay etc. However I am not as happy with my desk storage and am in the process of transferring them into different baskets to make them more presentable.


Now I've given you a brief overview of my desk area I'm going to show you a few of my favourites from my makeup collection! 


I love my KIKO eyeshadow palette the colours range and colour pay off are amazing! and they are so affordable too! I would really recommend them if your looking to try something new.



My lipstick collection is something I'm really proud of, i'm especially proud of my MAC collection its something that really introduced me into makeup and spurred my beauty addiction.




Kat Von D has such a fantastic beauty collection out and when I first heard she was bringing a collection out I was so excited! Her range is so beautiful and has such a high quality. Her liquid lipsticks especially are amazing and something I vastly recommend.




I have recently really began experimenting with more colour in my makeup looks so this MAC Quad which I created myself is something I have recently clung to with colours such as 'Cranberry' and 'Antiqued' I carry this everywhere with me and is now my go to palette!


Well I hope you enjoyed this post! I tried to keep it as short as possible but if there is something you would like to see more of or particularly know about my collection then leave me a comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can!

xoxo






No comments