Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick Review




Ive wanted to try Charlotte Tilbury's range of make up for a while now, so when I took a trip to London with my mother I thought it was the perfect opportunity to pop into Selfridges and take a look at her make up line. At the higher end of the price spectrum at £ 23 a lipstick I wanted to see the product before taking the plunge and buying.

I have to say that the team at the Selfridges beauty hall were amazing! they talked me through all the different products and even offered to show me tutorials they were brilliant! I came away with 3 lipsticks, 2 from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range and a Matte Revolution shade.



The first lipstick I picked up was from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G range and is called 'So Marilyn'. The colour is a very rich red and is named after the screen goddess Marilyn Monroe. The texture is quite creamy but isn't too overpowering and  really adds a pop of colour to your lips. When I was looking at the collection I was instantly drawn to this because of how vivd the colour is and just how great the payoff was. I think its very hard to find a rich red lipstick which doesn't bleed or need a lipliner but I feel like this is a clear winner!



The second lipstick I picked up was also from the K.I.S.S.I.N.G and is called 'Velvet Underground'. This was one of their newer shades and once I swatched it I knew I had to have it, the colour in the tube looks like a vibrant pink, but once on your lips it isn't too bright. The colour itself reminds me a lot of the MAC 'Viva Glam Miley' but overall I feel this is a better lipstick. The texture was so beautiful and when you apply the lipstick it glides across your lips. Although the texture is quite creamy it doesn't bleed or come off too much when you are eating or drinking.





The final lipstick I purchased was from the Matte Revolution range and is called 'Love Liberty'. When I was looking online I was adamant I was going to purchase Glastonberry from the same range but when I swatched the lipsticks this was by far the one that stood out to me most. The colour itself is a muted purple/pink with a brown tone. Its a colour I haven't seen before by another brand and new I had to have it. The formula of the matte lipsticks are like nothing I have seen before. The consistency is perfect and means your not dragging the lipstick across your lips but literally gliding it across. The colour payoff is fantastic and stays on all day without any need to retouch! Out of the three this was by far the best one I used and I will be rushing to purchase more in this range  xoxo







2 comments

  1. You are such a beauty! loved this post..
    Pernille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! I love and miss you very much xoxo

      Delete