Fifty Shades of Okay



Now I wasn't one of these people that got totally engrossed into the Fifty Shades of Grey franchise or read any of the books, but when I found out there was going to be a movie I knew I had to watch it to find out what all the hype was about.

The film had mixed reviews but as a film student I know that just because someone gives a film a bad review it doesn't necessarily mean its true.
  I was actually very surprised at how much I did enjoy it ( BSDM aside) , although the story was a spin on a generic love story it really came across as something original. The script was bit poor and cringeworthy but considering they kept very close to the book it wasn't that surprising. The cinematography and camera work especially was brilliant but with the fantastic Sam Taylor-Johnson as the director I wasn't surprised. The acting for me was very engaging especially Dakota Johnson who played the part of the naive girl very well and you believed they both had a strong connection.
 However for me the main reason I believe I liked it so much was the soundtrack, with great artists such as Beyoncè, Ellie Goulding and the fantastic The Weekend, it really set the mood and guided me through the movie. 
I would defiantly see this movie again it was very engaging and would recommend it even if there were a few flaws with the actual dialogue, but the pros outweigh the cons and pull you through the film.

★★★★   I give this movie a 4/5 stars! 

No comments